1st Relief Topical Spray has both natural and pharmaceutical ingredients to significantly reduce pain associated with minor aches and pains of the muscles and joints associated with simple backache, arthritis, strains, bruises and sprains. It can also help alleviate pain associate with minor burns, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, or skin irritations. 1st Relief Topical Spray is manufactured in accordance with FDA regulations by an FDA approved manufacturer.
1st Relief Topical Spray is a fast acting topical spray that acts locally by penetrating the skin to alleviate pain, and minimize systemic absorption. More importantly, 1st Relief Topical Spray gives physicians an option to provide effective pain relief treatment while avoiding the addictive properties of conventional oral medications.
- Lidocaine 4.00%
- Menthol 1.00%
Lidocaine is a common local anesthetic that relieves itching, burning and pain. Topically, it blocks both initiation and conduction of nerve impulses by decreasing ionic flux through the neuronal membrane. Since it penetrates the skin, it creates an anesthetic effect by not just preventing pain signals from propagating to the brain, but by stopping them before they begin.
Menthol has some local anesthetic and counterirritant qualities and also acts as a weak kappa opioid receptor agonist making it an analgesic as well. Its ability to chemically trigger the cold-sensitive TRPM8 receptors in the skin is responsible for its cooling sensation when applied to the skin. Lastly, it enhances the efficacy of other topical applications by increasing penetration via vasodilation.
Apply directly to affected area. Do not use more than four times per day. Children under 12 years of age: consult a physician.
- For external use only. Use only as directed.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Do not apply to open wounds or damaged skin.
- Do not use in combination with any external heat source.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin, or use in combination with any bandage, wrap, stocking or similar device or garment.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Consult a physician for children under 12 years of age.
- Do not use if allergic to Menthol, Lidocaine, or any other components.
- Stop use and consult physician if symptoms worsen or persist for more than 7 days.
- Stop use if itching or excessive skin irritation occurs.
- If pregnant or breast feeding, contact physician prior to use.